PROST: Drink Beer with the localS in Germany
Hefeweizen, Helles, Dunkel, Pils, Kölsch, Gose, Berliner Weisse...
Germany has thousands of beers to experience and at iNSIDE EUROPE,
we craft any beer tour experience to the actual traveler's taste and interest.
Can't make it to Oktoberfest in Munich? Don't worry about missing out! There are almost as many beer fests and hoppy celebrations made in Germany as there are German beers. And for some, these small(er) beer festivals may be just what you were looking to experience in the first place.
GERMAN BEERCATION DESTINATIONS
to whet your thirst
- AUGSBURG: Riegele Brewery was founded in 1386 and is considered one of the oldest in the world.
- AYING: Step back in time in this iconic Bavarian village, home to Ayinger Brewery, charming beer gardens, brew pub and even a brewery hotel.
- BAYREUTH: Maisel’s Beer Adventure World (Maisel’s Bier-Erlebnis-Welt) is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s most extensive beer museum. The tour is followed by a beer tasting at the Maisel & Friends brewing shop, “Liebesbier”.
- BAYREUTH: Birthplace of Rauchbier, this UNESCO Heritage city is home to the most breweries per capita.
- LEIPZIG: One may never find a beer more intrinsically linked to the history of its hometown than Leipziger Gose. Gose was a staple drink in much of Lower Saxony for centuries—that is, until the beer became extinct in 1966 after a long, drawn-out demise. Thirty years after German reunification, two small brewers brought Gose back. In the 1990s, they converted Leipzig’s Bayerischer Bahnhof train station into the Bayerischer Bahnhof Brewery— both are major players in Gose’s revival today.
- MUNICH: Home to so much more than just Oktoberfest and Hofbräuhaus, the capital city of Bavaria is a must-visit on any beer pilgrimage and we highly recommend a Biergarten crawl, too!
This list is just a starting point as with beer being the national drink of Germany, the next great pub or brewery is never far away. And just like each brewmaster makes his or her own beer, iNSIDE EUROPE crafts each beer tour anew based on each traveler's taste and interests.